Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DIY Neon embellished Tee

I'd been planning to DIY this plain white T-shirt for ages but hadn't got round to it yet. With the current trend for neon and pastels I decided to give the embellished Tee and updated look for Spring.


What I used:
  • A plain white Tee
  • Sticky gemstones in various sizes
  • White nailvarnish or paint
  • An array of nailvarnish or paint in bright colours
  • Clear varnish
  •  Fabric glue


First off, make sure your T-shirt is pre-washed and ironed so the gems will stick properly.






1. Take your gems and place them on your T-shirt to determine your pattern 2. Place the gems on some newspaper and give them a coat of white nailvarnish 3. When completely dry, paint the gems in your desired colours and leave to dry 4. Give the gems a final coat of clear varnish 5. Get your fabric glue (mine was specially for gems) and start glueing the gems to your T-shirt 6. Voilá, you're done!


I love how this DIY turned out. It gives a really cool look to an otherwise simple Tee but I could imagine embellishing bags, shoes or anything else I can get my hands on. Can't wait to wear this one out!



Dames Image Banner 728 x 90

1 comment: