Sunday, December 18, 2011

Missoni-inspired necklace tutorial


If you liked the Missoni SS 2012 runway show as much as I did then you'll love this necklace tutorial. The sewing part is a little tricky but I'm sure anyone who can wield a needle and thread will be able to make this necklace.


Here's what I used:
  • A goldy-looking chain (I used an old necklace)
  • Fringing
  • Needle and thread
  • Lobster clasp 
  • Gold jump rings
  • A pair of plyers

1. Cut a piece of fringing shorter than the chain (I left 10 links on each side) 2. Position the fringing over the chain and sew together. Make sure to sew the fringe to the top of the chain, otherwise the necklace won't sit well 3. Cut another piece of fringing and sew it to the back of the first piece 4. Take your lobster clasp and atach it to the chain with a jump ring. Atach a couple more jump rings to the other side of the chain.

 

Voilá your Missoni-inspired necklace is ready to be shown off!



No comments:

Post a Comment