Friday, December 16, 2011

Collar Tips


I bought a couple of metal picture frame corners (I'm sure there's a proper word for them) a while back to use as collar tips but found out none of my shirts had straight cornered collars. Luckily, I was in Bristol, England last weekend and found myself in The Best Primark ever (it's a four-storey affair people), where I bought this great silky shirt for £10. The shirt is perfect for this project as the tips add a little weight to the corners, ensuring they'll stay in place all day long. This DIY is dead easy and should only take about 10 minutes, it will add some great sparkle to your shirt though!


Here's what I used:
  • Shirt (Primark)
  • Metal picture frame corners 
  • A pair of plyers
  • Some thick material (a tea towel will do)
1. Position the metal tips over the corner of your shirt collar 2. Take some thick material and place it over the metal tips (this ensures your metal tips won't get scratched or damaged) 3. Gently squeeze the tips shut with the plyers, holding the fabric of the shirt firmly in place 4. Flatten the metal with the flat side of the plyers


For a less polished (like mine) look you can omit step 2 and use the plyers directly on the metal.


I can imagine using these metal picture frame corners to jazz up bags, boots or any number of items like these boots from Topshop or this bag from Asos. Just use your imaginaaaation!







No comments:

Post a Comment