Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sky and Sand, the food was grand!


I was going to blog about the Elle Style Awards this week, but as I ended up not going this post will be about my lovely weekend spent with friends!

After leaving my student house a few years ago, I've stayed in close contact with my old roomies and we meet up ever so often for a lovely meal or just drinks. As traveller N. just came back from Down Under, it was a great excuse for us to all pile into I.'s grand dining room - with the biggest table you'll ever find in a home - for a steak dinner and copious amounts of wine.
Slightly hungover from said wine, the next day I met up with another ex-roomy (and soon to be mummy) for a brownie and a chat at favourite Leiden hangout Bagels & Beans.

Then I headed over to Scheveningen to meet up with some Middelburg mates and take lovely doggy Ella out for a stroll along the beach. The sky was positively beautiful and I ended up taking some moody sky-and-sand photos which seem to capture the mood.







Back to Amsterdam and on Sunday I met up with miss L. who shares my love for people watching and eating yummy food. We ended up in a new spot in Oud-Zuid named Anne&Max, where high tea is high on the agenda. After gorging ourselves on scones and cake, we headed off to town for a round of Sunday shopping.
To top it all off the BF took me out for sushi to celebrate his new job!

My weekend seemed to have focused around food - which always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling - and it certainly left me glad to have such great people around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment