Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wrapped rope necklace

This Christmas I was a bit strapped for cash but still wanted to gift my bessie N. a nice prezzie. After mentioning she liked my DIY wrapped rope necklaces, I got started on these blue-hue babies.


Close-up and as worn by N.

What I used
  • A washing line
  • various colours of embroidery thread
  • Nuts from my local hardware shop
  • Scissors


Here are some I made earlier

Because sometimes other people are much better at explaining things than me (and also have a third hand to take pictures) here is a link to a great tutorial by Villa de Fashionista

I prefer to wear these necklaces 3 or 4 at a time to jazz up an otherwise pretty monochrome outfit, but if made in neutral tones they would compliment a minimal look I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment