Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Karl made me do it!

Monday didn't seem like the day I would find (and purchase) one of my ultimate wishlist wants. But the Danie Bles shopping event held at the World Fashion Centre in Amsterdam provided a less-than-healthy vintage overload.

After last week's Marni spree (of which hopefully more this week) I felt pretty saturated clothing wise and had decided to take a break on Spring shopping. Then came an invitation for a shopping event by Dutch stylist Danie Bles, in which she would sell vintage Chanel, Hermès and Louis Vuitton belonging to her (celeb) customers. Well, who am I to say no to that?


So off friend D. and I trotted only to find some of the best-looking vintage I'd seen for ages at affordable prices. Hello said I to a beautiful Jil Sander doctor's bag which didn't leave my arm the entire afternoon. That was, until I met my maker. An early 2000s (vintage? no, but who cares) Chanel jacket. Which fit me.





When Danie herself came up to me to congratulate me on my great purchase, I knew it was meant to be. I decided to nab the bag too, as you can never have too many vintage bags right?







2 comments:

  1. All I can say is wow! I definitely need to have more of a fast fashion shopping ban and buy more quality stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KB, thanks! I'm going to try and stick to that resolution myself! Love your blog :)

      Delete