Monday, June 4, 2012

DIY Tie-Dye jeans



After spotting them on the Isabel Marant runway and seeing various tutorials around the blogosphere, I thought I'd share my colourful attempt at Tie-Dye denim. I took a pair of jeans that I had previously dyed from grey to red which meant the dye took forever to bleach! Also, I couldn't for the life of me find those big rubber bands used by postmen so I used string instead.





I absolutely love how the jeans turned out, even if they are more pink and cerise than red and white. How grungy does the leather label look now! I teamed them up with a number Tee and my IM sneakers the other day for that sporty look we've been seeing a lot lately but I think they'd pair up nicely with a simple oversized white Tee and some strappy sandals as a relaxed evening ensemble.
What do you think? Will you be bleaching out your old denim?

For a great tutorial over at thefashionguitar.com click here

Nelly.com/nl

No comments:

Post a Comment